Playing in an online or offline casino always has a risk that you become addicted to gambling. When you feel that you may have a gambling probleem its important to look for help.
Gambling should always be treated as a fun way to pas time. You should never see it as a way to generate an income. After all its a game of luck. and not as a means to generate income.Most people are able to treat gambling as recreation and spend only what they can afford to risk. Unfortunatly for some it can be more difficult to keep their gambling under control. In order to maintain control of your gambling habits we remind you to always consider the following points:
- Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money
- Don’t try to win back your losses.
- Only gamble when you are in a position to cover potential losses
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend
- Should you need a break from gambling, you can ask the online casino to give you a self exclusion period
- Make a deposit for the amount you want to play with. If you lose that amount stop playing for that day. Don’t make another deposit
If you need to talk to someone about any concerns you may have with your gambling habits, please contact one of the organisations detailed below under ‘Gambling Counseling Organisations’.
Do you have a problem?
If you are concerned that gambling is having a negative impact on your life or someone else’s then the following questions may help you find out.
- Does gambling prevent you from attending work or college?
- Do you gamble to pass time or to escape boredom?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods of time?
- Have others ever criticised you for your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain your betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
- Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you can answer “yes” to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. Contact one of the organisations below for help with your gambling problem.
Most online casino’s offer the possibility to put a limit on the amount you can deposit each day, week or month. If you want to keep playing but feel that you might spend to much then this is a verry good option.
Standard Account Closure
You can always ask the online casino to close your account. In some casino’s you can close your account yourself. However with this option you can still reopen the account. If you feel you have a problem then its better to put in a self exclusion. That way you can’t make another deposit before the exclusion period is over.
If you are considering self-exclusion, please consider contacting all gambling companies with whom you have accounts with and ask for to be self-excluded there as well. We also recommend installation of software that will allow you to block access to internet gambling websites. Filtering Systems can be found on the bottom of this page.
Gambling Counselling Organisations
- Gambling Therapy – https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/
- Malta Gaming Authority- http://www.MGA.org.mt
- Gamblers Anonymous – http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/
- Responsible Gaming – http://www.responsiblegambling.org
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to gamble on online casino’s. It’s also forbidden to use anothers person ID to create an account.
Please note than anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and risk being reported it to the authorities.
Filtering solutions allow parents to regulate access to the internet, based on chosen criteria. Parents can use filters to prevent their children from accessing, amongst other things, gambling websites. If you share your computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to register or bet with our site, or have requested self-exclusion from gambling sites, please consider parental filtering solutions such as:
Net Nanny™ www.netnanny.com